The Scoop on My Striped Drapes AKA Curtains

They are the backdrop to way too many of my photos.

You are probably sick of looking at them.

If there’s anything you’d like to know about my striped drapes check out my post at Window Mistreatments today.  If you are tired of hearing about them, click away and we’ll both pretend this never happened.

Did you notice my dog? His personal life mission is to stand in every photo I take and then act all nonchalant about the whole thing.  I have to crop his brown self out of almost every photo I take.

PS, are these extra-large photos annoying?  Would you rather they be smaller?

Related Posts with ThumbnailsPin It

Comments

1. Keep the dog, the drapes and the XL photos…I love them all!

2. Big photos are great! I use an iPad as I nurse, that’s my chance to browse as a mom of 4 kids, so I love big pics. Your creativity inspires me!

3. Love the drapes, and the big photos, and YOU! :-D

4. I love your dog. He adds an element of reality! The only thing I wonder about is how often you have to vaccuum the drapes, – cause if he’s like MY animals, they rub on drapes and then …… well, you know! So I have faux-wood blinds……takes alot longer for the fur/hair to stick to them! ha

Oh, yes, big photos are nice!

5. i like the big photos and i like the puppers…:)

6. LOVE the curtains, the dog and the big photos. Thanks for sharing :)

7. Recently discovered you/your blog by some happy accident… love it!

Where did you get the pillows on your couch? Or did you make them? Wishing for some similar coloured/patterned fabric to make a shower curtain…

8. kristen marie says:

love the extra large photos…… helpful for those of us who are blind, even with contacts…lol…. btw love the new look. saw you changed it recently

9. The photos are a little big. I can’t see the whole picture at one time on my computer screen. Otherwise, I love your blog!

10. That is too funny about your dog. I love seeing him…because it reminds me that you’re about NOT being perfect and keeping it real :-)
    Regarding the photos….well I might not have noticed…but you mentioned it. I think it’s okay to have the xtra large size….but the entire photo is larger than my laptop screen can display…so maybe just a wee big smaller? Then again….I can see everything better. Okay…I know that wasn’t much help. Teehee.
    Thanks for blessing me with through your blog. :-)

11. i LOVE the big pictures! it helps give the whole scheme of things. i sometimes have random objects that i love but don’t know what to do with them. your big pictures help me see more detail and give me ideas…thanks!

12. At least your dog is brown and he blends in with the decor.

13. Love, love the xlarge photos, wish they were mandatory!

14. I’ll reiterate – LOVE IT ALL!! Those curtains are absolutely fantastic!

15. Diana Rose says:

Your dog is adorable and I love, love the large photos-Love your blog. Thanks!

16. I love the xl photos and everything else about your blog!!!

17. I like the curtains, the dog and the big pics!!! Love browsing your site and getting inspiration! Thank you!

18. Love your dog in the photos. What’s his name?

19. Keep the big photos!

20. That’s funny about your dog. I have a cat who does the same exact thing.

21. Christine says:

My dog used to do the same thing – LOVED having her picture taken. My Dad used to say she was the only female in the house he could get to pose for a picture. BTW, love the big pics.

22. They’re nice curtains, so keep them! Kinda your signature (if you’re ok with that). The large pics are great and there’s always room for puppy love!!

23. Love the big pictures! I also love your curtains so much that I made some for my son’s nursery. I made them from white Ikea curtains and a sheet from Wal-Mart. I just posted pictures of them in my son’s re-vamped nursery. http://thethriftyabode.blogspot.com/2011/06/space-y-nursery.html

24. I love the stripey curtains! And I think the bigger the photo the better. You get a better look at them that way. AND….love the dog.

25. I love the curtains, I’m starting to think I want some stripe curtains in my house! I also love the larger photos!!!!

26. Colleen says:

I personally LOVE the big photos! Your site is neat, clean, and easy on the eyes. A few of my regular blogs have been redesigned lately and I’m really struggling to find them enjoyable anymore. It’s too much work to find even the latest post! You’re doing a FANTASTIC job and I read you daily! Keep it up!

27. Condo Blues says:

My dog jumps in my photos so much I started styling them around him.

28. Love, love, love the big pics! With 4 kids+their friends and a poodle running around in the background the big pics make it possible for me to keep an eye on all the mayhem around me and still get the feeling that I’m having “me” time. And just fyi, your striped curtains were the inspiration for my striped wall. It’s all GOOD!

29. Love the big pix and the dog … it doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful !

30. LOVE LOVE LOVE the stripes! I personally never get bored of them- plus I love the big pictures- I wish I could figure out how to make mine larger.

31. Currently at the in-laws in the country, with only a dial-up connection, so I have to vote against the XL pics (in this rare instance). Otherwise, keep ‘em coming and LOVE your drapes!

32. I actually enjoy the XL pictures. That way I can really see details and it is easy on my aging eyes.

33. Love your big pictures. Way too many pictures are too small. Yours are great.

34. Yeah … but your dog matches your house, so you hardly notice him! I think he adds a little something! :)

35. Personally, I’m a fan of the dog, drapes, and especially the bigger photos. Keep them coming!

36. Rebecca Fox says:

Big photos work well on my iPhone. Also love both drapes and dog.

37. Elizabeth says:

I am so excited…I can hardly wait to get the fabric!!! I bid and won, this fabric on ebay! :) Thanks for the heads up! I love these curtains!!

38. Jenna Belle says:

I can’t find this fabric anywhere! Any ideas on where to look? My living room BEGS for these curtains!

39. No! Love the super sized pictures, just like my Dt. Dr. Peppers.

40. I love your drapes- we are repainting our bedroom and your drapes are my new window treatment inspiration.
    Also, I prefer the extra large photos because it’s easier to see all the fantastic design inspiration your rooms have to offer.
    My husband and I are just starting out, and we’re using slipcovered sofas leftover from his college days (and they were second second hand then!), we don’t have end tables for anything…so reading your blog about being happy and creative with your home design wherever you are is a huge inspiration to me. Thank you!

41. Patty Marsh says:

Oh how my heart went to pitterin’ at the mention of Mary Jo’s. There are many things that I miss about living in Charlotte, but she (it?) is at the top of my list. I loved Mary Jo’s. Sigh….

42. is there any way i can buy these curtains i would really appriciate it…

43. Kelly Vest says:

Keep the drapes, XL pics and most definitely the dog!! He makes it homey.

44. Hello your striped Windows are timeless and beautiful. What I don’t understand is why do you not list the location of this fabric? Did you use two different fabrics? I am trying to find fabric so I can have these made for my house. Thank you for your time.

Erika