I am a messy person by nature.
But I really do enjoy my house more when it’s tidy, so here are some of my tips for motivating myself to clean–the main ways I trick myself into getting into cleaning mode…
- Pick up flowers from the grocery store
- Play some fun music–right now, I’m playing a lot of the Anthem Lights channel on Pandora, it’s a bunch of great covers–you’ll LOVE it!
- Move furniture–when I move my furniture around (something I always enjoy because #crazy) I always end up seeing the mess with new eyes which for some reason gives me motivation to clean
- Set a timer–it’s amazing what I can get done in 20 minutes when I hear that timer ticking
- Focus only on surfaces and floors–clear off the tables and counters–use that steamy hot rag, then sweep and mop the floors–nothing else, sorry, it’s the rule!
- Invite someone over in an hour–your own personal blackmail
- Buy some new yummy cleaning supplies–because I can’t resist good smells
Y’all, I fall for it every time!
And there’s a really great deal right now on one of my favorite brands of yummy scented cleaning supplies–Mrs. Meyer’s!!
Through Monday, November 16th, sign up for ePantry and receive a FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap, a FREE Mrs. Meyer’s Dish soap, a $5 store credit and FREE shipping with your $20 ePantry order!! You get to pick from the yummy holiday scents.
ePantry delivers your favorite household and personal care products right to your door (you know how I love my delivery services). ePantry predicts what you need every month and then sends a reminder email before you order ships so you can easily review and customize it.
There are lots of great household and personal care brands to choose from like Method, Seventh Generation, Dr. Bronner’s but I especially love Mrs. Meyer’s.
Just for fun I made up an order of my favorite things–you can get all of theses items: Mrs. Meyer’s Tub & Tile cleaner, Mulit-Surface cleaner, hand soap & dish soap (you pick out your favorite scents), plus Grove lip balm & a 70 hour candle all for $20.74:
Here’s how to get your free Mrs. Meyer’s Seasonal Scents Soaps:
1. Click here to sign up for ePantry. This unique referral link will ensure that you get your free dish & hand soap (don’t worry – you’ll get to select which scents you want in a minute–Iowa Pine is my favorite).
2. Answer a few quick questions about your family and how clean you like to keep your home. This only takes about 30 seconds and customizes your first basket.
3. Once you’ve answered the questions, you can finalize your basket of products by adding or removing items and changing the scents.
4. Remember, to receive the Mrs. Meyer’s collection your order needs to total $20 (shipping is free plus you’ll get a $5 store credit to apply right now).
5. You made it! Click finish & pay, place your order.
6. Already hooked on ePantry? Existing customers click here to get a free seasonal hand soap in your next order.
We’ll have no excuse for not being motivated to clean our houses for the holidays!