Girlie Office : In Progress

love so amazingcanvas: naptime diaries

office details

pomspoms: anthropologie

wood stove

tasseltassel: handmade like this

guest bedcanvas: lindsay letters

the nesting place book

desk

girlie office

girlie office

smalls

boots

those were the sweet controlled little closeups that capture the very first, super temporary phase one of bringing in all my pretty and sitting it around knowing that all most all if it will change because some of the furniture won’t even be in this room and anyway, I never leave it the way I first put it but who cares if I need to change it again because this is fun!

Now, let’s look at the full room views (you’ll see why I started with the closeups) this room still needs work and has big gaps and isn’t cohesive yet but it’s nice to see some far away shots too…

girliy office

DSC_2933

DSC_2932

DSC_2928

office exterior

and here’s what you see as you walk up to my office door there on the right, next to the white chair, sometimes I focus on the closeups, the little corners of pretty inspiration because the big picture can be daunting.

until it's done

This is the framed print hanging over the black settee in the photo up there via vaporqualquer

Related Posts with ThumbnailsPin It

Comments

1. absolutely beautimus!!

2. Your office is coming together so nicely. Having a bed in there is perfect. Hiding under the covers sometimes proves to be the best place for inspiration! And, thank you for listing your sources for the canvases! I’m perusing their sites now, and hopefully going to make a purchase soon. I love how you incorporate Scripture into your decor. Have a blessed weekend!

• thanks Lauren! yes, that BED! We are hoping to use it as a guest room, guest house, craft get together room–I don’t even know what to call it!!! we have plans for a little kitchen and sleeping area for two!

Yes, I’ve learned that it’s easier just to go ahead and list some sources, because everyone will want to know anyway! SUCH beautiful art!!

3. oh i am loving it! the colors and textures are perfection!

4. SO gorgeous! I love the femininity of this room. It’s just scrumptious.

5. Even in it’s unfinished state this room is already so pretty and has such personality! I love that last print – so perfect for us DIYers!

6. now i’m all lonesome for you again!
    it’s hard to believe i was sitting right there soaking up all the nester goodness yesterday.
    you are a jewel!
    and so very special to me and so many.
    wish you were riding across the mountain with me this morning to unload the clampett car!!
    love you to pieces.
    xoxo

7. Beautiful!

8. I love, love, love the area rug in there. Your office is coming together and it’s gorgeous.

9. baileywife says:

What a perfect playground! Such fun and memories to make…… ~ Kim

10. so pretty! love all the little vignettes!

11. I love a good girl room and feel they’re essential to boy moms especially, being one myself.
    Having a little tantrum this week because if I can’t have a little fireplace in mine then I need a white cowhide rug RIGHT NOW!
    ps. long live wall tape
    xoxo
    b.

12. Sometimes the closeups are the big arrows we need to point us in the right direction! Right?!

13. Carol Holden says:

Love it……need your poster…..Love Divine…..where can I get one please…….love what you have done and am quite envious…..

14. Lovely bed and pillows! Where is the white quilt from? I’ve been looking for one for ages now and you can’t believe how hard it is to find an affordable one in a twin size. Target has lots of white quilts but no twinsies! Hoping you can tell me where it came from and that it’s a recent purchase! Thx

15. It looks fabulous!!

16. I’ve seen your black and white tote bag in a few posts now. Where did it come from?

17. This is an amazing transformation! I remember the first photos from before you started. Its lovely!

18. Your office is coming along nicely… great progress…can’t wait to see it all done!

19. Love the close-ups. It really shows the feeling of the space. It’s all coming together so well. And thank you for the back-ups so I can keep my expectations realistic in my own space. Off to check out the naptime diaries art.

20. Your office is looking wonderful! I am so happy for you to have a “girlie” space in a house filled with guys :) And you even have a bed for naps! How cool is that!

21. I am over here squealing!!!! LOVE. IT. GIRL!!!!!!
    And, I love the subtext of your pics: Here is what is done. Here is what is not. Help me, Lord, to focus on what IS done and not the mountain I have to climb.
    Story of my life, living in this here ol’ house.
    Have to say, I am super glad we are now trudging through this Old House Restoration Living Thing together. I am thrilled to get these encouraging posts in my inbox.
    xoxo Miss ya!

22. Oh my this is wonderful..what a great room! Loving your vignettes!

23. I am so over the moon giddy for you and your office. Plus, that line “love so amazing…demands soul…” always grips my heart !

xo,
    stacey

24. This is gorgeous… I love the colors and – well, just the whole thing! (Don’t tell my girlie, but it’s making me have ideas for her room when she moves out!)

25. I’m at a totally different place in my life than you. I’m an older Boomer whose kids have flown but family is still central to me. I’ve waited far too long to say that I love your website. I love your non-perfection and the way you share how you either make do or create what you want or need without spending 10k here and there. You are an inspiration to me, a venerable dowager.

26. Love your office, especially the vignette around the console table! Love the peachy/mint colors. :)

27. Love it, looks amazing!

28. Oh wow! Everything looks so lovely and inspiring that I forgot how the space started out.

29. Wow! That space looks so peaceful and serene and inviting. Good for you!

30. Beautiful! I wish I had an office. I really need a corner or a place set up for just ME and my inspiration! Love what you’ve done, as always.

31. Cindy Lynn says:

Ditto to what everyone else is saying – so peaceful & serene! You deserve the Official White House Medal of Reinvention! I SOO want you to make a quick drive to Greensboro & re-do my not so old house! I seem to get Stuck & not able to visualize outside-the-box…. Everything you touch, even in an old forgotten barn building, is amazingly Be-U-Ti-Ful! :)

32. It’s coming along so beautifully. I love the colors. love it all!!

33. Looking great so far! But can I say…um…YOUR BOOK!!!

34. Beautiful! Can’t wait to see more of it-and your house. Will you come help me with mine?

35. I see that ceramic egg carton.

36. I love the colors!

37. Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came
    across this board and I inn finding It truly useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope too gove something back and aid others like you aided me.

38. This is just beautiful. Love the colors and textures and creative arrangements. You so inspire me. And I immediately ordered the “impossible” print from etsy. Right where I am right now. Thank you so much.

39. I’m so excited for this space! I feel the same way about it as I have the rest of your new place–like I’m sharing in your joy. Is that weird? Anyway, love it. And that Naptime Diaries print is fantastic.

40. So there’s a bed in your office? Good idea for power naps in between work.

• right?! Actually, we have plans for it to be a space that sleeps two people (there’s a little bathroom in there) so it’s kind of like a tiny guest house!

41. Anonymous says:

That beautiful old wood stove can be polished up with stove black if you want that look. Beautiful office! Love seeing the updates.

42. Jamie Petersen says:

I NEVER post comments and I follow about 8 blogs, but I just felt prompted to let you know how insanely grateful I am that you share the IMPERFECT. I was about to give up on these lifestyle blogs because it all looks so lovely…all the time and I simply can’t …get there myself. But in this post I recognize the beauty of the close ups while the other stuff in the background may not be so perfect. I am going to try and find some small and perfect places to find joy, knowing that even the bloggers have ‘not so perfect’ backgrounds. Thank you bringing BOTH to this post. I am bookmarking it as reminder to be ok with work in progress.

• Jamie, yes. Sometimes sharing the imperfect is the most important part. It’s also the most difficult and the most rewarding. Thanks for the encouragement, and I hope your sweet little small and perfect corners will grab your attention so that all the imperfection in the background just fades away!

• I agree 10,000 times over, Jamie!

43. Anonymous says:

i love the signs esp. the “it is well one”…did you make it?

44. I adore the colors and decor in your office! Drooling over that plate wall with the art :) It’s so encouraging to see your spaces in their raw beauty. Thanks for reminding us to enjoy every stage!

45. Oh, that is so gorgeous and so refreshing. Thank you immensely for pulling back and showing us the whole spaces. I confess, when I first looked I went immediately to “I stink because there is no way I could pull of a space that gorgeous in that little time.” Seeing the whole space reminded me that controlled closeups don’t ever tell the whole story (although, even pulled back its a stunning, vibrant space!) Actually, you should coin that phrase “controlled closeups” because it applies to everything doesn’t it – first encounters, peoples “off days”, photos of vignettes, etc. Those “close ups” rarely tell the whole story, do they?

46. It sure is coming together nicely. A far place from where it started…

47. So excited to see the progress, and thank you for the zoomed out shots the most.

48. All I can say is WOW! So inspiring!!! Makes me want to go and buy paint, brushes and rugs for my basement! How you stay constantly inspired really encourages me! I need to get away from this computer and just start! Thanks for keeping it real!

49. Hi, its good piece of writing regarding media print, we all be
    aware of media is a enormous source of information.

50. LOVE the blue bench/seat. Love how the room is shaping up.