One Word

slow

popping in to share my one word for 2014.

I hope I don’t regret it. Also, I’m old. See you on Monday! Or maybe Saturday!

Until then, I’ll be hanging out on instagram.

xo

PS, do you have a word for this year?

Comments

1. I could never choose just one word – it’s lists and resolutions and goals for me :)
    Happy New Year!

2. I don’t yet, but I’ll be thinking about it now!

3. I have had several words come to my head, and I have never done a word for the year. But the word I think I am going to focus on for 2014….QUIET. As I was doing my devotional this morning, I thought about how I tend to drown out the voice of God. So, I need to “Be Still” and listen.

4. Words are swirling around on the back side of my mind – I have a general direction and a possible word that I think will be somewhat opposite of last years word which was Remain. I love your word, slow. And, trust me you are not old – because if you are old, then I might be ancient :)

5. My word is similar to yours (and one of your favorites I think) – less. I’m nervous (and old) too!

6. I picked a word and we decided to pick a family verse for the year too. My word is “hallelujah”. Love Bethany Dillon’s song, hallelujah. “Whatever’s in front of me help me to say hallelujah.” I want praise to flow from my lips in all circumstances this year! Our family verse and prayer for the year is “May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine on us— so that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations. (Psalm 67:1, 2 NIV)”

7. My word for 2014 is also slow! Hope you have a good year and that slowing makes all the difference.

8. Kathy in IN says:

Couldn’t pick one, so I have two – intentional love. I want to be intentional in loving God, others, and myself.

9. carol in ga says:

What a beautiful idea. My word is encourage, but I also love slow and intentional love. My runner up is no regrets.

10. I’ve done a word for the past few years, but I was just reading an article about resolutions and the author proclaimed there are only 2 great resolutions:

1. Acknowledge God daily, and ask to feel the power of something greater than yourself
    2. Let EVERYTHING else go

Um…what else is there? Goals are just another way of us to try to control our life, but who knows better than what we need than HIM? Trying to interpret His voice from the chorus in my head will surely be the most challenging resolution ever :)

• I love these! I have been going crazy thinking of my intentions for 2014 and you have just handed the answer to me! I will sleep sounder tonight! thank you!

11. Anjanette says:

Grace.

12. my word for 2014 is STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidding. totally kidding.

13. Judy in CA says:

Favor is my first, hopeful is my second. (I can’t stop at just one)

14. release … it may take me all year to learn how to let go!

15. Embrace. I (the non-hugger) want to work on embracing my family and friends until it becomes natural for me, and I also want to embrace whatever life brings my way this year, a year of change for us.

16. My word is fear not. I have really been struggling with fear this past year.

17. Whatever.

As in Phil 4:8, not the annoying rolling eyes type ;)

Want to focus on the beauty & blessings that surround our family

18. Mine is along the same line! Simplify!!!

19. Hope Arroyo says:

My word is “present”, as in being intentionally present in everything that I do instead of multitasking and rushing through. I want to embrace and rejoice in every moment this year, and truly experience it. I will be present.

20. My OneWord this year is Vision… my call – to be (a) Visionary! Who can KNOW what that will unfold!

21. My one word for the year–wholehearted. Trying this year to be fully present and fully experience life and all its blessings

22. I haven’t quite settled, but I am trying to decide between two: Quiet and Love. Whatever I decide, I’ve realized that I need to remind myself every day of I Cor 13. And I’ve begun my own list of what love is. For instance “Love listens and doesn’t interrupt.”

23. My word is simple. It will guide all the goals I set for this year.

24. Breathe~I find myself holding my breath so much and it holds me back.

25. Hope. Because it was all I could do to get through 2013 with any left. ..

26. I’m really looking forward to reading through your journey of “slow” over this next year!

27. I love “slow”. Don’t second guess it. I could benefit from a little slower pace in life. Slow changes your focus and perspective. :-). Mine for 2014 is passion. I slugged through th last year focused on tasks and duties and to do list. This year I am going to pursue relationships and love— in a passionate way.

28. I thought my one word for 2014 was “create,” and then I started to feel it’s more like “white” because I really want to be a better writer this year. But after all the craziness in December and NYE, all I am right now is just “tired.” I think I’m going to make a corn husk wreath tonight while sipping a cup of tea to slow down and relax. Your one word “slow” comforts me. Happy New Year oxox

29. I have to tell you that my goals were honestly inspired by the talk you and your husband gave at Allume! I left your talk SO moved by the fact that you make goals and intentionally think about where you want to be in a year, 5 years, etc. I feel like I’ve just been in the rat-race without question so it was so refreshing to hear that I really *could* take a step back and decide if this was really what I wanted for our family — so THANK YOU!!!!

My one word is pray. I didn’t really want it to be ;) because I struggle with stillness, but I really feel like it’s something I need to focus on this year.

(By the way, I’m offering a free blog button template for “one-worders” ;) so if any bloggers would like a free button, all the info is here: http://www.onlyabreath.com/2013/12/free-one-word-blog-button-template/)

Thank you again for your life inspiration!!! (Did you really think you just inspired decorating ideas? ;) and thank your sweet hubby too! You are both such a blessing!)

30. Rejoice. Although, I kind of want that to be our permanent family word. = )

31. Strong is my word. I need to study and trust that I am strong in The Lord and live strong. I don’t want to be weak and meek. I will be strong in Him!

32. Joy.

Oh, and you. are. not. old.

Happy New Year!

33. I have two words I want to remember as life goes on n 2014:
    Less. Steady.
    I read this recently: All you need is less.
    For me to have less, it is going to take steady effort and focus. Wish me luck.

34. My word for 2014 is “Do.” I’ve literally spent years reading, watching, and dreaming but not doing. Yesterday, I put down the deposit for our kitchen remodel! I’ll do what I’m able to and have professionals do the other stuff. So excited!!!

35. That’s my word for the year too. I’m looking forward to being intentional about slow in many senses.

36. “help”

happy new year!

37. “Still” Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.” I get so caught up in the busyness. I just want to be still and know that God is in control and maybe just maybe the stress will subside and I will be at rest in my soul and life.

38. My word for 2014 is “Intentional”.

39. I think I would say my word is “trust”. The lyrics from that Hillsong song, “spirit lead me where my trust is without borders..” Has been on my heart and mind for awhile now and it’s what I want to be more like this year.

40. Mine is focus. As in concentration and clarity.
    I have piles of lists and to-do’s but I’m aiming to look back on 2014 and know it was my year of remaining focused and bringing the important things into focus.

41. Last year’s word was Confidence, this year is Try. As in, The only real failure is failure to try. I don’t want to get to the end of my life and have things I didn’t do because I was afraid to try. So last year was about having confidence, now this year is my year to DO!

42. ‘Contentment’ is my word I think….

43. YES!!! I chose create for many reasons. My hope is that I’m going to spend less time getting inspired and start inspiring.

44. Yes, I do. Me. I need to learn that I can put myself first. If i don’t look after myself how can i expect anyone else to put value in theirselves, or in me? It isn’t intended to be a selfish gosl, but one that will lead me to doing thigns i want to do, rather than thr things I feel I must do. I started a blog. I sat down at my piano and really p,ayed for the first time in more than a decade.

45. My word is: LISTEN.

46. GumTreeGirl says:

I think my word is peace. I became a foster mom last year and it can be very hard to feel peace and peaceful when the kids you love are having a hard time and you have to deal with their…interesting…relatives. I know that it is possible though because there are great moments when I remember that Heavenly Father is at the helm, that the children I am mothering (as well as myself) are His children and he will guide us to whatever path he needs us to follow. I just have to keep remembering, and reading my scriptures and praying….or perhaps my word should be remember. Remember these things, and to do these things and to focus most on the kids. They really are awesome kids.

47. My word is gratitude

48. A few words are floating around in my mind and heart and honestly, they sound too good to be true. Isn’t that just like God? (smile) I’m thrilled with what it looks like the year ahead will hold, but my faith is definitely being stretched and I’m slowly leaning into believing what I can’t see and what is yet to come. Last year the word was “freedom” and over and over again, we saw that come true in our lives. God is good… Blessings on your year ahead!

49. Yay!! Love slow! My word is intentional.

I’ve come to the realization it really.takes.effort. (Duh, right?) but I need to be more intentional in so many aspects.

Praying!!